The Friends of St. Bridget’s is a committee that was formed to maintain the church when it was closed in 1996. The committee is in charge of maintenance and general up keep. Without your support this beautiful church would not be able to exist. Many annual events take place at St. Bridget’s to help with costs but the biggest support comes from members.
A donation of $20.00 or more each year will allow you to become a “Friend of St. Bridget’s”, and you will be on the mailing list for St. Bridget’s activities. Members receive mailings during the year about what is going on at St. Bridget’s and about upcoming events. Join the Friends of St. Bridget’s today and support the preservation of history. Thank You for your continued support!
Please mail donations to:
Mike & Marie O’Donnell
24 Barrington Pl
Iowa City, IA 52245
All donations are tax deductible.
Major Accomplishments of St. Bridget’s Foundation
1. Endowed St. Bridget’s Cemetery in the amount of $60,000.
2. Put in new septic service.
3. Repaired and painted the church steeple.
4. Painted the outside of the rectory and trimmed the trees.
5. Put on a new roof on the church.
6. Updated the rectory, new carpet, new kitchen, new stove, new refrigerator, new front screen door.